Brown now held Hazel

Day#3 of the VIBGYOR CBC challenge.
B for Brown.

Brown makes me think of big brown eyes and my post is on that one.

After a very long tiring day, I was walking back to the parking lot. Suddenly someone waved at me, tearing away from my thoughts I looked up to see. Familiarity wrapped me from within, I thought it was you. Elated to see you again I hasten to greet the wave. As we edged closer, I realized and noted many things. I was near yet so far. I could see you in every step that I came closer. Instead of that tight hug, I was greeted by a handshake. 


Suddenly a wave of grief took over. I looked up to see you, wondering what changed. I could see your features sculpted in, your square jaws, your shallow cheeks, it was picture perfect. When I met your eyes, I felt panic and havoc. The molten BROWN now held a shimmering hazel. As I stood there, looking, and my mouth was responding for the queries. My thoughts raced back to my memories. 
Even as I spoke I remembered that first convo we had;
That first touch;
That first laugh;
That first date;
That first kiss;
That moment you slid the ring on my finger;
That moment when we said till death do us apart;

The day when we started our lives together.

With pain mounting from within, my heart vouched a tsunami to take over me in a while. I just felt my earthquake. Snapping from the memories, I found that your voice has changed. Your touch had changed. My heart went cold, my eyes stirred. I was still talking, but it was not you. Then, my conversation with the stranger ended.


I turned to have a last look at the person whom resembled you. I walked back slowly, thinking about that day when I saw you, for one last time. Tears welled up. 

Death did do us apart;
 
I remembered your face embedded on the wooden casket. It was the last time I touched the frozen skin of yours. Cold, motionless and still, probably the first time when I looked at you and you did not smile back. Your gentle eyes were closed, and mine cried.
The first time when I cried and you were not there to wipe them. 
The first time I slept alone on our bed. 
The first morning without your smile;
The first day without your hug;
The first night without being kissed a good night;
The day when I was alone in the rain, standing by your grave. It was covered with fresh mud. All memories flashed before my eyes.   

Years went by since that fateful day, 

I still miss you.

Image - Internet
____________________________________________________

I'm sharing one of my old posts. Hope you enjoy reading it ! :)

This is a part of VIBGYOR Challenge
V for Violet
I for Indigo

Labels: , ,