Violet becomes White?!

This post is part of the Chennai Bloggers Club's CBC VIBGYOR BLOG TAG where some of us will write a post on the colours of VIBGYOR each day starting 1st of Sepetember to the 7th of September.

The colour theme for today's post is VIOLET


Until last night, I was clueless about what to write for Violet. As autosuggestion, I goggled about violet. I got a zillion results (well after all we know the use of SEO tools and given how lazy Iā€™m) I read through a few of them. They did make their way to my post!

Viola ā€“ That is how everything started and in fact, women from 1800ā€™s were named Violet. Moving on reading about its significance in a rainbow- it has the shortest wavelength. Its attributes when it came to Homo sapiens was naturally, introspection and spiritual awareness.

Source


As I kept wondering, I remember someone saying about a well and almost mostly debated topic ā€“ God. I do not exactly remember who said this but I do remember what they said. The God what you seek from everywhere is formless, and shapeless. God or what the scriptures call as the Parabrahmam is not even in the form of fire, it is just a speck of violet light.

After hearing this, I remembered a Sanskrit sloka,
*Om Poornamadah Poornamidam Poornat Poornamudachyate
Poornasya Poornamaadaya Poornamevavashishyate
Om Shantih Shantih Shantih*
(To hear the recital)

The interpretation** of this verse means, even a miniscule of the whole (Parabrahmam) found anywhere, is the Whole itself, there can be no fractions and bifurcations of the Whole. So even a part of the whole is the whole itself.

What am I writing about this today? Well, if you happen to walk up to me and ask if God is present I would say yes, and in everyone. Advaita or any other name you give is what I follow.

So thinking about it this way, Violet could better mean peace, violet replaces white, because ultimately it unites everyone and everything under one single spec of violet light. Each time I look at violet my mind goes peace and unity, at a better pace than it would for white. In fact, in China, the flower Violets does denote peace.
So to conclude, everyone is you and you are everyone and you essentially make peace with everyone if you know you.

Psst, I got the most annoyed looks from my mother for this conclusion!

And a special thanks to Sriram for proof reading it. He blogs at My Paradoxical Paradise

**The interpretations of the verse were read from a book and could have so many varied meanings, and it could be read and debated upon into much detail. For this post, it is just my point of view

Labels: , , ,